BB&T

www.bbt.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for BB&T

Overall Positive

Current Employee - Lender in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Lender in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at BB&T full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great leadership at the top with sincere desire to elevate the interests of all of it's stakeholders. Also, very competitive benefits package.

Cons

Advancement can be challenging and some of the mid-level management can be more of a barrier to progress than an enabler of it.

Constantly seek and give high priorty to feedback from line level employees to stay on top of emerging issues and trends in the marketplace.

599 Other Employee Reviews for BB&T (View Most Recent)

Web Developer

Former Contractor - Web Developer in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Contractor - Web Developer in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at BB&T as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

A bank, they have money,and they have a lot of technology, that is not too far behind bleeding edge.

Cons

IT personell have absolutly no social skills whatsoever. If you have no personality or social skills and you never want any ... this is the place to work for you. They don't mentor or teach at all. You are either 100% qualified at your position, or they get rid of you. I needed about a month or two to ramp up to my position and they let me go after 3 weeks. I felt there was no instruction or mentoring to do my job, and they had no interest in helping me out to further my career. I would think they want you to be either bored and unchallenged at a job you know full well to do or else.

Also, they have a lot of bureaucracy (paperwork and procedures), and they only seem to have it for the sake of having it. They have absolutely no concept of what it's really for ... to provide a communication new for new(mainly) and existing workers. The processes and procedures they follow are unorganzied and difficult to follow ... what's the point of having it at all other than to say they have it.

At some point you need to realize the long-term effects of not allowing people to ramp up their careers in your organizaiton. If you hire people to be bored in the 4'x4' cubical confines of your organziation, you're going to have a lot of intellectually smart, albiet mean, antisocial, insects who are only happy about the pay, and nobody well-rounded is going to want to work with this borg.

Good if you like being told exactly how to do your job.

Former Employee - BSO in Baltimore (Guatemala)
    Former Employee - BSO in Baltimore (Guatemala)

I worked at BB&T full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good comp structure. Nice core values. Although they are obsessed with culture.

Cons

They're obsessed with their culture. . Hey often joke about going to headquarters in NC to drink the cool aid. This is a good company for someone right out of college. Not so good if you come over from another bank. They have to promote from within because they constantly harp on their culture.

Allow for more entrepreneurial mindset.

There are newer employer reviews for BB&T