There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Service Representative  in  Barrington, IL (US)
Current Employee - Service Representative in Barrington, IL (US)

I have been working at BMO Harris Bank N.A. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to understand products, sales goals are attainable, flexible schedule with managers, laid back atmosphere, community bank feel, customer oriented, customer appreciation days, well established bank, appropriate dress code

Cons

Dated technology, slow response time from other departments, lack of communication, slow systems, old practices, not everything is "streamlined" which could make things easier to have everything in one system.

Communication is key! Always keep your staffed informed of every detail of what is going on. Management needs to be aware of people who might have missed a meeting or a discussion that could really benefit from a follow up one-on-one.

136 Other Employee Reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A. (View Most Recent)

It's a bank

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Pewaukee, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pewaukee, WI (US)

I worked at BMO Harris Bank N.A. part-time for more than a year

Pros

As a teller, you aren't responsible for much of anything. For instance, the chain of command dictates that if anything would go seriously wrong with a transaction (wire transfer for instance), the person approving said transaction will be responsible for it.

Cons

The job is monotonous, you will not be challenged and there is little in the way of excitement. You're unlikely to move upward without a preferred degree and even if you do advance, I have heard the compensation is less than optimal.

Encourage and listen to employees with ideas to share - no matter how low on the totem pole.

Good while it was M&I; Bad with BMO

Former Employee - Credit Analyst  in  Brookfield, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Brookfield, WI (US)

I worked at BMO Harris Bank N.A. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was my first job out of college, and I was able to learn a lot.

Cons

It was and became a data entry job, where I had no input on what happened with the credits I worked on. Trying to get a internal job postings, was a pipe dream there, and I gave up trying after 6 or 7 attempts. The HR people want the exact job qualifications if you're a internal candadaite but external applicants didn't even need accounting degrees or the experience to over come the lack of degree for a analyst job. If you were able to secure a internal posting within BMO they never gave you fair market value for your new salary (2.5-5% if you're lucky). My advice is to get in and get a job there and once you have the experience leave and get a 30% raise at a new bank.

Learn to keep employees happy through lowering internal standards for hiring and pay your internal hires what they're worth. Make the analyst job require them to do actual analysis, and not just data entry.

There are newer employer reviews for BMO Harris Bank N.A.

Worked for BMO Harris Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!