BT

www.btplc.com

The worst career experience I have ever had

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

ProsExcellent benefits and compensation. Generally competent peers within my department. Exposure to global experience in my field of interest. Closeness to home and airport for business travel.

ConsLeadership at various levels (it gets worse as leadership level elevates) lead from a place of fear, lack of information, self-preservation and situationally determined professional morals and ethics. Communication and collaboration between related groups and within groups are fractured at best. It appears that for eh lest couple of years the decision has been made to transform at least in the US to become a mini-EDS as many key positions have been and continue to be filled by its former employees. ironically, while BT espouses specific work values of integrity, collaboration and customer-focus, the culture of EDS and those BT has hired from EDS generally behave in the opposite or close to opposite manner. It's hypocritical and has contributed to the creation of a toxic work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize most of you who are in leadership positions are not respected and supported by the majority of employees in your teams. Self-reflect on why , take accountability and focus on transforming yourself because transformation is warranted.

Great work/life balance. Terrible senior management and internal processes

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Ipswich, England (UK)

I have been working at BT

Pros: Very friendly and flexible place to work. Home working, flexitime, 27.5 days leave, 5 optional extra days leave. Within small teams the environment… Cons: Performance management is soul destroying, it is designed to make everyone average. It generally bears no relevance to the work you are doing and… Advice to Senior Management: Stop protecting your own asses and remove at least 3 layers of management from the company. Stop the terrible performance management process, it is killing… More

Executive Incompetence

I have been working at BT

Pros: Good projects, lots of good people, lots of money for projects,… Cons: The executives don't know how to manage: pension deficitions, excessive spending on projects that… Advice to Senior Management: Be more honest with your employees. Talk with us about upcoming changes. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BT.

Worked for BT? Contribute to the Community!