Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

In the area I work in, the management is very supportive and I'm really using my skills. Good work/life balance.

Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Business Support Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance is great. I feel very supported by management. I also have gotten a lot of recognition and exposure to executives. They have leveraged and developed my skill set. I have decent freedom with my time/location.

Cons

Too many meetings, lots of discussion, sometimes need people to just take ownership rather than push it away. Also need people to make good decisions rather than endlessly discuss everything as a team.

Teamwork is great, but reward those who take ownership and establish a clear decision. Also, keep up the good work of being supportive and developing your team - it creates loyalty.

7787 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Great benefits, family atmosphere, but corporation likes to cut costs which means more work for the same pay, & job cuts

Current Employee - Senior Teller in Auburn, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Teller in Auburn, WA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bank has great benefits that really make your lifestyle more comfortable. Great healthcare, childcare reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, wonderful discount programs. For the most part I have been very fortunate to be in a market with a lot of amazing people who honestly care about each other and their well-being.

Cons

Company loooooves to cut costs, which comes at an expense to the employee and the customer. Be prepared for your job to constantly change, constantly require more responsibilities, but your pay never changed. Raises are pathetic here. :)

Make sure to take time out of your day or week to touch base with your staff. It's easy to miss multiple coachings and never find the time to say things that need to be said or for employees to never have the chance to ask for help. Don't let your hectic schedules get in the way of mentoring!

Opportunity

Former Employee - Designer in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Designer in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to grow and develop

Cons

High expectations for performance, but also high rewards

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America