Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com
  www.bankofamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Changing of shifts offered to employees

Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist II in Brea, CA (US)
Former Employee - Mortgage Specialist II in Brea, CA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefit options and liberal time off.

Cons

Regular change in hours required to work without enough time to make adjustments to child care, car pools etc. Upper management was not flexible working with single parents

6955 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

Micromanagement at its finest!

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome training system in place, BOA employees are some of the best trained in the industry.
    Great benefits package and access to EAP that really work.

Cons

The management staff believes in micromanaging you. If you aren't performing in the top 95% look forward to constant emails and meetings with your supervisor. Their system for improving performance is counter productive because they spend so much time sending emails and taking you away from your job that you miss opportunities for improvement.

Zero work/life balance. They make you work 2 late nights during the weekend and 2 Saturdays a month. Forget about picking up a part time job, it won't be possible. Other activities like attending your child's after school functions may be difficult as well. They really invade your entire life.

Stop rushing success, allow employees to get adjusted to their role, familiar with the duties of the job before pressuring them about performance only a week or two out of training.

Benefits are the only thing that keep me there...

Current Employee - Teller Operations Specialist
    Current Employee - Teller Operations Specialist

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bank of America benefits are unbelievably good. I can't believe they haven't taken most away. I am part time and receive two weeks paid vacation and ten paid sick days a year. If i get pregnant i get three months maternity leave and if you are a man you get three months paternity leave a well. The insurance is medical dental and vision and it is cheap!!! Every time i go to quit these are what hold me back. I know i could never beat the hours and benefits.

Cons

The regional managers constantly come to visit breathing down your neck critiquing your every action. They literally stand behind the customer and stare a hole in your face while listening to your conversation. Nothing you ever do is good enough if you make your referral goal-"you could have done much better". You can apply for other positions to move up but unless you know someone you are never going to get it. They have meetings and "teller summitts" which i LOATHE because all it is is you go to a conference room with other tellers in your area and the higher up people call you out embarrass you and make you feel like you are a worthless dime a dozen commodity to the company.

Lay off your employees. You are more interested in making us sound like stepford robot workers and exceeding referrals instead of actually caring about the customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America