Good benefits and work environment

Current Employee - Vice President - App Developer  in  Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Vice President - App Developer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits and 401k match, work from home full time and wide range of career opportunities with such a large company

Cons

bureaucracy is out of control, regulatory burden is getting crazy in banking

Other Reviews for Bank of America

Do not work here!

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits, great banking center hours, good resources.

Cons

Most unprofessional bank. Management was not informative. On my second day, i had to ask an associate what the morning signal was. You'd think thats the first thing they tell you on your first day of work. Due to budget cuts, all training was done online. I spent 5 days reading policies and procedures on the internal website. On my 5th day, I was already told to open new accounts. I did not get to shadow anyone at all. I previously worked at other financial institutions and i have never experience such terrible training before.

Great people, but lack of professionalism. If you want your employees to stay, then guide and support them.

Poor work/life balance, very overwhelming work

Former Employee - Hss II  in  Marlton, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Hss II in Marlton, NJ (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Great pay
    Great health benefits, sick time, and vacation time

Cons

Training is horrible. They claim they want to start you out slow but they end up dumping loans on you. Work...work...work...work. That's all they want you to do. Forget about using the health insurance you pay each pay period. You will be forced to work when you are sick. There systems you work with everyday are horrible either too slow or too many issues. You spend more time on the phone with technical support for the systems you use rather than the files you are processing.
    Too much documentation expires...your constantly bugging the customers for them to provide more information. They claim they want to be customer service focused but the conditions they require from the customers are ridiculous. Customers constantly complain why it is taking so long. To even get a loan to closing is a impossible with all the things you have to do leading up to final approval. Too many birthdays to celebrate...every week somebody was asking for money here and there to purchase a birthday cake or for other parties.

Stop the favoritism...I saw how one person on my team closed so many loans but it was only because they were giving this person easy ones to close while everyone else got the more complex loans.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!