Bank of America

www.bankofamerica.com

It is what you make of it...

ProsGood benefits and plenty of opportunity to move around the company. The best way to make more money is to move around (which is encouraged).

ConsSeemingly constant organization changes can be demoralizing as coworkers are let go (especially very strong performers). It can also be frustrating to have to deal with multiple managers and/or jobs (up to 4 in one year for me). You really need to maintain a positive attitude and adapt to change quickly. Benefits have tumbled the last few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear about the purpose for organization changes and ensure it's not being done to boost a new executive ego. Model the behavior you'd like to be seen from those you manage and if you are a "manager of managers" make sure you conduct a skip level conversation with your 2-down at least twice a year. Stay competitive on benefits and support the MyWork (work from home) program.

It is a very diverse company.

CRM II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It is a very large company with opportunities in fields… Cons: The workload is sometimes more than average and it is a… More

sales incentives are great for top performers

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: uncapped commissions, quality of life outside of work, great benefits, I like also like… Cons: to much micro management, reports after reports after reports Advice to Senior Management: add some consistency, the bank pushes so much constant change it seems as if once… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bank of America.

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!