There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Bank of America is the best place to be in the current marketplace!

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Associate  in  Marietta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Associate in Marietta, GA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Bank of America consistently treats their employees with decency, honesty, and fairness. There are a number of training courses (via telephone, personal, and online) that help to enhance my skill set and make me a better loan officer. In the last 5 years of working with the Bank, I have been more than pleased with time off and the major benefits. There is tuition reimbursement, child care assistance, paid time off, fidelity financial advice engines, great health, medical, and dental. I have no complaints!

Cons

Not one thing that I can think of. I love my job!

My Senior Management is the best in their field.

6471 Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America (View Most Recent)

A big bank with worlds of opportunities.

Current Employee - Trust Officer  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Trust Officer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

It is one of the largest corporations in the world. Working for Bank of America will give anyone the professional experience acquired by working with such a large company. Also keep in mind that working for such a large company provides you with the benefits of a company who leads the industry in standards.

Cons

Bank of America is a large corporation which means that it still tends to treat people as a number. The chain of command is structured and it becomes difficult to move up without the proper years put in. New ideas also need to be submitted formally before gaining any leyway.

Keep up the good work and strive towards making out clients happy so that we may be the most successful company in the world.

If you don't mind being an underpaid, unknown, tiny cog in a giant machine, work for Bank of America.

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

There are no glass ceilings for women. Women hold very high offices in the company. BofA is very supportive of work/life balance and promotes opportunities to work from home and work flexible schedules. (This is not true in the local branch offices where customer service during "store hours" has to be supported)

Cons

TOO big. Employees are truly only numbers. All personnel functions are outsourced so if you have a personal issue that you need to address with the Personnel Dept (such as sick leave, or retirement planning) you cannot talk to a Bank of America employee. You end up talking to an insensitive outsider. Very frustrating, but it's one of the byproducts of growing too big.
    Also, all advancement opportunities are in Charlotte now. To get noticed by the topmost levels of management, you have to live in Charlotte.

Stop focusing on quantity and start improving quality. The continual pursuit of growth by acquisition has weakened the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!