Great People, Bad Mgmt

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Jose, CA (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of the employees at BOW are genuine, nice people who are lovely to work with.

Cons

Management seems to be going in a direction of pressuring their employees to get more sales all the time. They always emphasized to employees the importance of offering additional products and services, but now they are pressuring employees to pressure customers.

If you want happy employees and customers, relax the constant sales pressure. Customers don't like to be pressured, and employees don't like doing it.

Other Reviews for Bank of the West

First Impression

Current Employee - Flex Customer Service Representative  in  Castro Valley, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Flex Customer Service Representative in Castro Valley, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of the West part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers and superiors. Employees are well-taken care of. Alhambra water always stocked with compostable cups (eco-friendly!). Growth opportunities are abundant. Bullet proof glass.

Cons

Misleading job titles. Open on Saturdays and closes at 6 on Fridays. Sales driven. Mandatory to stand for up to 8 hours. Threat of robbers, bombs and the vault are intimidating.

The initial training that takes about two weeks is not helpful. I did not remember or learn anything. I would suggest doing a real classroom at the HQ in San Francisco, CA as hands-on learning is always best.

Bank of the West

Current Employee - Administrative Analyst
    Current Employee - Administrative Analyst

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement. I believe the Bank does a great job of rewarding those who are willing to work hard.

Cons

I wish we had a larger showing in the Midwest. We toe a difficult line by being bigger than the "community" banks but not having the presence of a Wells or US Bank.

There are newer employer reviews for Bank of the West.

Worked for Bank of the West? Contribute to the Community!