Bank of the West

www.bankofthewest.com

Bank of the Worst

Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsSalary; no other reason to work here.

ConsTedious paperwork, micromanagement, SEE BELOW

Advice to Senior ManagementBank of the West may seem like a great place to work from an outside perspective, but unfortunately it is so dulled with micromanagement and a lack of technology that there is no growth or enjoyment that comes from working there. If you want to get good at paperwork, this job is for you!

First off, the company is unbelievably cheap. Constantly looking for ways to save money at the expense of not supplying employees with necessary tools for the job. I've been declined reimbursements a multiple times. I've seen the balance sheets; they are just cheap.

I receive 20+ emails a day from my bosses' bosses' boss that are send out to her entire division regarding updated goals for the employees. Get organized!!! My goals and expectations change on the daily and the whim of al division manager.

They say "activity based management", NO; that is micromanagement. You'll spend the whole day looking at all the reports you need to complete and putting appointments in the computer twice. In fact, you have to fill out every form in paper and then input it in the system as well (which is behind in technology).

Incentive plans are terrible. Bank of the West boasts how they are uncapped. There is a cap on each type of account...You are asked daily to open accounts constantly that have no benefit to your incentive plan.

Additionally our incentive plans didn't come out till the end of February. THE QUARTER ENDS IN 30 days. It's already too late to get credit for deposits! When I asked the incentive department, they retorted that just because the plans aren't out doesn't mean you should stop working. No!, really?!, 1) Learn to speak English. 2) if you are going to work in an "incentive department", you should probably know what the word "incentive" means.

AREA MANAGERS / DIVISION MANAGERS / REGIONAL MANAGERS AND ALL OTHER HIGHER UP POSITIONS:

You are completely illiterate to what the future of management is. You are not "inspiring coaches", you are just micromanagers and letting the sh*t roll down hill.

Read some articles on bettering yourselves instead of blaming everyone else. Results based management would be a good start. Let your employees be creative in their efforts to win business; you would see a large increase in sales.

Maybe it's the fact everyone has worked here for 20 years and is still acting like this company is in the 1990s.

I am not proud of working here and do not advocate any of the products or services because of this terrible, outdated and ineffective work culture.

My hope is that BNP Paribas cleans house.

I'm seeking a career in a company that doesn't lack pragmatism and has its sh*t together.

Great Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bank of the West as an intern

Pros: People are extremely easy to work with, and concerns about… Cons: The location of the HQ is far from downtown SF Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

BSA/AML

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of the West full-time

Pros: Stable company to work for Cons: Terrible and weak management. Compensate employees that do not want to be there, and loyal… Advice to Senior Management: Start appreciating your loyal employees that actually want to grow… More

There are newer reviews on Bank of the West.

Worked for Bank of the West? Contribute to the Community!