Baxter
www.baxter.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Lots of unhappy people

Deerfield, IL (US)

I have been working at Baxter full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt is a good place to start a career in the industry. The benefits are good (they used to be better but they are still good). The salaries are great for the area. They are open to training you and have a lot of good in-house training available.

ConsManagement was not transparent with what their goals were. Beware: they slavishly follow the management trend of the month (and then apply it thoughtlessly, incorrectly or where it might not be appropriate). They give a lot of lip service to good job performance, sharing ideas, promoting from within, teamwork, ethics, but those are ignored when inconvenient. Outstanding performance is not rewarded. Whether you have work-life balance depends on whether your manager likes you or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is important that one is able to trust management and that employees are able to trust each other.

Not the Best Experience

Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Baxter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Big company to have as a reference in your resume Cons: - Bad salary and incentive - The worst management system that I have seen - Not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The work/life balance tips the scales to work.

Quality Manager (Current Employee)
Independence, MO (US)

I have been working at Baxter full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Large company that allows/encourages movement. Opportunity for travel (if you desire). Cons: Managers will tell you that family is important, but that's never the case. I was told that should the FDA show up for an… Advice to Senior Management: Support your top performers. Support their families. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Baxter.

Worked for Baxter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Baxter reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Baxter CEO Robert L. Parkinson Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Baxter employees.