Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com

Inflexible management always puts sales before employees.

Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocking (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL (US)

Pros- Above-average starting pay (compared to competitors).
- Variety of entry-level positions available, gives employees more options to best suit their strengths.
- Good place to work for physically active people (heavy lifting is a constant requirement).
- Very easy to transfer to different stores if you relocate.

Cons- Working schedule strongly favors long shifts, and can be inflexible with employees' needs/requests (ex: very strict policy on unexpected absences, regardless of the reason).
- Very few worthwhile employee perks (ex: the 20% employee discount is equal to a common coupon).
- Outdated computer/register system is difficult to work with and confusing to learn.
- Employees are required to ask FIVE separate sales-related questions to every customer at their register, including a weekly "impulse buy" item pitch that often annoys customers.
- Employees are rarely rewarded for anything other than increased sales in specific areas (inc. weekly "impulse buy" item).
- Employees that are not able to meet the demanding physical requirements of floor positions can only choose to work exclusively at the registers (requires standing in one place for long periods & frequent bending and lifting).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring managers from outside the stores in need! I met many fantastic people while working at Bed Bath & Beyond, and only one or two of them were working in management or higher. It's a shame that Bed Bath & Beyond so stubbornly ignores their existing employees' potential for promotion, instead opting to bring in managers who are unfamiliar with the store and its veteran employees.

Would be an ideal job if they'd let me do my job, not everyone else's.

Inventory Control (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN (US)

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than a year

Pros: You have empowerment to actually help the customer. Cons: Bed Bath & Beyond is slow to promote employees. They… Advice to Senior Management: Find the strengths and talents and then use those to the best of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Pay and benifits

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nice people that treat you well. Good product to stand… Cons: Long long long hours hardly any breaks no hours for staff. Always want you… Advice to Senior Management: be more realistic at things to be done and time given. I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Bed Bath & Beyond.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!