Bed Bath & Beyond

www.bedbathandbeyond.com

Inflexible management always puts sales before employees.

Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocking (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL (US)

Pros- Above-average starting pay (compared to competitors).
- Variety of entry-level positions available, gives employees more options to best suit their strengths.
- Good place to work for physically active people (heavy lifting is a constant requirement).
- Very easy to transfer to different stores if you relocate.

Cons- Working schedule strongly favors long shifts, and can be inflexible with employees' needs/requests (ex: very strict policy on unexpected absences, regardless of the reason).
- Very few worthwhile employee perks (ex: the 20% employee discount is equal to a common coupon).
- Outdated computer/register system is difficult to work with and confusing to learn.
- Employees are required to ask FIVE separate sales-related questions to every customer at their register, including a weekly "impulse buy" item pitch that often annoys customers.
- Employees are rarely rewarded for anything other than increased sales in specific areas (inc. weekly "impulse buy" item).
- Employees that are not able to meet the demanding physical requirements of floor positions can only choose to work exclusively at the registers (requires standing in one place for long periods & frequent bending and lifting).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring managers from outside the stores in need! I met many fantastic people while working at Bed Bath & Beyond, and only one or two of them were working in management or higher. It's a shame that Bed Bath & Beyond so stubbornly ignores their existing employees' potential for promotion, instead opting to bring in managers who are unfamiliar with the store and its veteran employees.

Holds on to the money, can't hold onto the employees.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Aiea, HI (US)

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond full-time for more than a year

Pros: Full time employees get benefits of dental, medical, 401K, vacation and sick pay. Full timers also… Cons: Pay scale is very low, they are a tight company. Even full time is… Advice to Senior Management: Raise the pay scale and you will not lose so many good employees who have no other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very nice

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Bed Bath & Beyond part-time for less than a year

Pros: Friendly people, great training, Love the discount, and like that i am able to become… Cons: Isn't a specific set wage, so it's confusing wondering if hmm are people who work not as hard as me getting paid more. … Advice to Senior Management: Specific starting wage, with opportunity to advance with how job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Bed Bath & Beyond.

Worked for Bed Bath & Beyond? Contribute to the Community!