Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,794 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

Best job I've ever had

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBest Buy is a perfect place to work if you love the possibility of growing your career, meeting new people, and learning skills that will help you for the rest of your life. Almost every employee is extremely friendly, and there are tons of motivated people that are there to help you reach your goals.

ConsWorking retail hours can sometimes be frustrating, but overall most employees understand that we have an obligation to fulfill as retail employees which makes the odd hours and working holidays easier to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue spending time with the associates in the stores. Sales floor employees love seeing corporate people in the store because it gives them a chance to showcase their talents as well as give feedback on things that are important to them.

Lack Of opportunities for growth.

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great people to work with. Cons: Never get ahead, always got promised promotions and raises but never… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to what your employees say. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Definitely not for someone with other commitments ... or team players.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Fort Myers, FL (US)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros: The pay was alright, and the training was comprehensive ... when we were allowed to complete it. As a retail veteran, having dedicated Asset Protection… Cons: Scheduling management is NOT willing to work around other commitments you have ... for anyone looking for a job while you're attending school: stay away.… Advice to Senior Management: Do your job, frankly. Associates should COMPLETE training before being allowed on the floor, should have someone to shadow while they learn how things are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.