There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy

Best job I've ever had

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Best Buy is a perfect place to work if you love the possibility of growing your career, meeting new people, and learning skills that will help you for the rest of your life. Almost every employee is extremely friendly, and there are tons of motivated people that are there to help you reach your goals.

Cons

Working retail hours can sometimes be frustrating, but overall most employees understand that we have an obligation to fulfill as retail employees which makes the odd hours and working holidays easier to manage.

Continue spending time with the associates in the stores. Sales floor employees love seeing corporate people in the store because it gives them a chance to showcase their talents as well as give feedback on things that are important to them.

5981 Other Employee Reviews for Best Buy (View Most Recent)

Lack Of opportunities for growth.

I have been working at Best Buy full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Never get ahead, always got promised promotions and raises but never happens. Been here over 8 years. Pay caps set way too low.

Listen to what your employees say.

Definitely not for someone with other commitments ... or team players.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL (US)

I worked at Best Buy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was alright, and the training was comprehensive ... when we were allowed to complete it. As a retail veteran, having dedicated Asset Protection agents to help keep an eye on the floor is helpful (particularly when the floorplan is not conducive to having your eye on everything at once).

Cons

Scheduling management is NOT willing to work around other commitments you have ... for anyone looking for a job while you're attending school: stay away. Managers throw new associates on the floor prior to having completed their training and frequently leave them with no one else in the section to back them up, setting newcomers up to fail. You rely on radio communications which frequently go ignored if you are a newcomer as well, and management does nothing to rectify any of this.

Do your job, frankly. Associates should COMPLETE training before being allowed on the floor, should have someone to shadow while they learn how things are done, and everyone regardless of seniority should have the tools they need to do their job properly -- including the security in knowing that if they call for backup, it will answer on the radio (even if it's just to say "I'm with a customer, hold on!"). Honor promises to take availability into account and be up-front if the availability is a problem. Let's waste as little of people's time as we can, yes?

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy