Best Buy
3.3 of 5 4,777 reviews
www.bestbuy.com Richfield, MN 5000+ Employees

At least it's a stable job.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat employee accommodations, some very smart coworkers, some leadership cares about you as a person, good pay rates for retail, lots of repeat customers that become friends, good recognition system to line level (FT or PT) employees.

ConsToo many people have different opinions of how to run the place instead of sticking to the structure the company has given to the stores. There's not much of a quality of life once you get to a leadership position (supervisor or above). The company may or may not go private in February, so uncertainty is looming in every store.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose your teams carefully and give the people that work hard the credit they deserve. Leadership teams do not get the credit they deserve.

amazing

Cashier (Former Employee)
Miami Beach, FL (US)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for less than a year

Pros: amazing work environment, awesome all around, good sups and managers, very chilled and relaxed, they work around… Cons: i was only seasonal so no benefits, cashiers have the pressure… Advice to Senior Management: please tell the seasonal employees when they are no longer… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent company friendly very good team Cons: Limited growth opportunities due to economy Advice to Senior Management: Continue to guide talent Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Best Buy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly. All reviews posted anonymously by Best Buy employees.