Fun, energetic place to work.

I have been working at Best Buy full-time

Pros

Great environment, get to play with technology and see new stuff, get to work with some great people

Cons

very corporate structure, low compensation, no real meaningful development

Other Reviews for Best Buy

Challenging, rewarding and fun

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Best Buy full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am never bored. There's always work to get done. I enjoy the people and the culture of the company. I have worked for another large company (150k+ employees) and a small company (~1.5k employees) and working for Best Buy, by far, has been the greatest experience.

Cons

Current state of the business makes it difficult to feel secure in my position. Best Buy also lacks discipline in terms of staying focused on the work that's critical to the business. There are many work groups running around with their heads cut off and from my vantage point, most of the time, the work is not going to help the company with their challenges.

Get focused. Learn to lay out priorities and objectives/goals for your employees. Reduce the layers in management and the executive team. Directors should have a minimum of 5 employees. There's no reason any director shouldn't have a real "team" of people working for them. A good leader knows how to take a team and delegate responsibilities appropriately.

Works well for Students

Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant  in  Watertown, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Mobile Sales Consultant in Watertown, NY (US)

I worked at Best Buy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked well with my schedules for classes while I was in college. My management team allowed for me to work around when I had classes. The job paid well for what I needed at the time.

Cons

Was not able to obtain any full time job positions. I finished my degree and I wanted to stay but there were no positions available to me. Sadly, this was the reason for my leaving.

NA

There are newer employer reviews for Best Buy.

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!