There are newer employer reviews for Bilingual Source

Horrible, horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Bilingual Source full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will come out trained to do well at most other companies. It truly is recruiter boot camp, and if you survive long enough to absorb those learnings, you will have a work ethic that future employers will find almost god-like.

Cons

It is abusive. Employees are pitted against one another. The owner of the company thinks he owns his employees. There is no flexibility, it is like a prison. You must be at your desk, you can't be 1 minute late, you can't leave at 5:00 without risking the wrath of your boss. You are expected to eat, sleep, and breathe Bilingual Source for $30k per year plus a measly 10% commission. All told, if you really grit your teeth, swallow your pride, and devote your life to this company, you might make $45k in your first year.

You will also notice that 1 or 2 people have hoarded all of the good accounts left behind by past employees who finally had enough. This leaves the rest of the team to find for scraps, making the job that much more difficult.

Get with the times. Retention is your biggest problem, and it starts with the environment. Take responsibility for the real problem - you!

2 Other Employee Reviews for Bilingual Source (View Most Recent)

Amazing employer, great training & very rewarding.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Bilingual Source full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bilingual Source has proven to be an excellent employer. They took me out of a call centre, and showed me how to recruit and I've never looked back. I don't really understand why someone would complain about this employer. They treat employees very well and have a generous package and great vacation time. Love the half days in the summer!

Cons

None. Like life in general, this place is what you make of it. If you have a strong work ethic, you will do very well.

Great job!