Biogen Idec
www.biogenidec.com Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

don't be swayed by the money alone

Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of responsibility is given to employees, primarily because the company is so lean. So it is a great place to work if you are one of those "live to work' people. The pay is also above average, and string 3-4 years together like I have and you can save some serious cash (of course, a chunk of that comes from stock price increases, which almost certainly won't keep at most recent pace)

ConsCan a company be too collaborative? This one is: lots of time is spent in large, all-day meetings trying to gain consensus; which is nearly impossible and a waste of precious time. This leaves nearly everyone gasping for air, and doing their day jobs late at night, early in the a.m. while th kids are still sleeping, and on weekends. Also, the range of expectations, based on what group you are in, is unbelieveable. Some groups are responsible for following everything. Other groups seem to have few expectations to meet. I feel bad for the commercial people in the US. They have no lives. Finally, the hours here can be extreme.

Advice to Senior Managementemployee retention rates will almost certainly jump soon...lots of folks are absolutely burnt

Contractor @ Biogen Idec, generally happy with position

I have been working at Biogen Idec full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible hours, positive work environment, support for staff is amazing Cons: Bureaucratic decision making, benefits for contractors pale in comparison with… Advice to Senior Management: Convert contractors to employees instead of hiring from the outside… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent Company

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent people, benefits, and industry. Biogen is an excellent company to work… Cons: Corporate workload and turnover of finance and senior management. Can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Biogen Idec.

Worked for Biogen Idec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Biogen Idec reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Biogen Idec CEO George A. Scangos. All reviews posted anonymously by Biogen Idec employees.