There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec

(Generally) Positive Internship Experience

Former Employee - Summer Intern  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
Former Employee - Summer Intern in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Biogen Idec as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Great flexibility with project selection/progression and involvement with different scientists.
-My co-mentors were always supportive, helpful and wanted me to learn new techniques and experiments
-Since Cambridge is the company's main R&D site, there were lots of fellow interns (~30) and therefore many intern-specific events and fun activities

Cons

-A major R&D reorganization that resulted in firing of 1/3 of a department. Projects and people were getting shifted around a lot after that.

N/A

220 Other Employee Reviews for Biogen Idec (View Most Recent)

Biogen Internship

Current Employee - Summer Intern  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at Biogen Idec as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I love the other interns here. We get along very well along with the other people here. I have a lot of fun in the lab and I have my own project.

Cons

The days can sometimes be long and there is a lot of data collection at times so it can be slow. But the work is interesting and I learn a lot from it.

Great job no advice

Great people and company going through a period of change

Former Employee - Senior Associate II  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Associate II in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I worked at Biogen Idec full-time

Pros

Fantastic people who are on the whole truly committed to what they are doing. There is real passion and desire to do the very best on most projects. Great workplace 'perks' such as free barista-style coffees and hot drinks, subsidised cantine and some great social events organised on site, such as free lunches once a month, fancy dress days and discounted cinema/theatre tickets.

Cons

The company is currently going through a period of huge growth, so is moving from a small biotech to a medium/large biotech and is experiencing all the usual teething problems associated with this- lots of new people and products but without the infrastructure or processes to properly support the growth mean that things can feel a bit chaotic and disorganised. Mentalities and behaviours are slowly changing however, and many of the new people are making great changes and helping to future-proof the organisation.

Listen to/use the people you have spent such a long time hiring to get the very best out of them- some people have great ideas but they never come to fruition because they don't get the opportunity to work them through fully.

There are newer employer reviews for Biogen Idec

Worked for Biogen Idec? Contribute to the Community!