Bloomberg L.P.
3.2 of 5 1,031 reviews
www.bloomberg.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

It's a big company, there's a lot of room for good teams and bad teams

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt's very bright and sunny, which might seem trivial but I personally find it very good for my mood to work in a bright office. I like the financial aspects of the work, so once I found the team working on precisely what I was interested in, I became quite happy and satisfied. Don't worry too much about the "free food", most of it is junk food, though the fruit is great.

If you like finance more than cutting edge software engineering, you'll find it a pleasant enough place to work at (on the good teams). The bad teams, well, they are out there, do your homework before accepting the offer.

ConsSome of the infrastructure is legacy. This shouldn't be a con for any seasoned developer, it's a fact of life, but if you're a whiny b straight out of college, you might find this distasteful. There is some politicking, and people get promoted partially based on their temperament and how well they get along with other managers. Again, this shouldn't be a con, but if you are young and naive, you might find this also to be distasteful.

The only really big con is the annual review process, which is a curve-fitted algorithm to award future compensation based on relative (within your peer group) performance. I would advise newcomers to negotiate as hard as you can before signing, because once you are in there's a good possibility your compensation will stagnate.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp the project and trouble ticketing systems to better reflect the realities of software project development. Also, mix up the floors a bit, there's not enough casual interaction between R&D and other departments, despite forcing everyone through the 6th floor in transit.

Bloomberg

London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: work, free food, opportunities, colleagues Cons: amount of contracted working hours Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun and fast-paced working environment

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Bloomberg L.P. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Superb pantry; great culture; fun place! Cons: Flat hierarchy might mean slightly more competitive vertical progression Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bloomberg L.P..

Worked for Bloomberg L.P.? Contribute to the Community!

Bloomberg L.P. – Why Work for Us?

Bloomberg’s global mission is to help individuals, enterprises and governments make smarter, faster, more profitable decisions — first. In order to get there, we need constant ideas, energy, innovation— which is where… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomberg L.P. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bloomberg L.P. CEO Dan Doctoroff. All reviews posted anonymously by Bloomberg L.P. employees.