Bob Evans

www.bobevans.com
  www.bobevans.com
There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

Typical Restaurant

Former Employee - Host/Server in Charleston, WV (US)
Former Employee - Host/Server in Charleston, WV (US)

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Depending on what managers you have, work can either be super fun or miserable. Like most restaurants, managers have basically free reign to do whatever they want. If you're lucky, you'll get a manager that is actually willing to work and help you out.

Cons

If you're NOT lucky, the managers can make the place a living hell. Lazy managers are commonplace here and will usually just watch by as you struggle to carry the ridiculous workload placed on you. Unfortunately, even if you do luck out and get a decent manager, corporate obnoxiously cycles them out every few months anyway so once again you'll be at the mercy of the luck of the draw.

Participate in the business; don't just expect the employees to do everything (including your jobs)

337 Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans (View Most Recent)

My experience has been great.

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Wheeling, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Wheeling, WV (US)

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Bob Evans is a great company to work for. I have been treated with respect and my hard work is appreciated by all. The company promotes from within if u are willing to put in the hard work. I have been there for 13 years. They are family oriented and are very understanding about family needs.

Cons

Training of new employees is a little lacking lately. In my opinion they are turned lose to soon.

Take the time to see to it that new employees are thoroughly trained. I think you would have a higher retention rate. I have seen some new people that were set up for failure because they were not trained properly.

It was an easy work.

Former Employee - Server in Dayton, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Server in Dayton, OH (US)

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hours were good there.

Cons

It didn't get enough business.

Get to know the employees

There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans