There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

Great employees to work with

Current Employee - Shift Leader
Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Everyone their is like family. Like in the company philospohy "treat strangers like friends and friends like family"

Cons

It's discouraging after being promised for several months a promotion. Actually getting it takes a long time.

You would retain and keep employees happy (A happy employee is a happy customer) and health if you offered more hours to your employees or offered full time hours with out the benefits.

311 Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans (View Most Recent)

Host

I worked at Bob Evans

Pros

The job as host was very simple. The staff trains you very well so you are aware of all company policies and procedures.

Cons

They were very inflexible with with scheduling. You always work the same hours at the same time on the same days every week. I would tell my boss two months in advance that I would need a day off and if no one was wiling to cover my shift I was told to just call in the day of to call off.

Help out employees who request days off well in advance.

It was okay

Former Employee - Hostess  in  South Euclid, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Hostess in South Euclid, OH (US)

I worked at Bob Evans part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training program for a new restaurant opening up, friendly co workers, overall pleasant environment, friendly regular guests.

Cons

No set schedule, little to no hours, no communication between management and staff, some lazy co workers, short/cut shifts

Be accountable for all of your team members on duty and make sure they're performing the tasks they're supposed to so that their responsibilities aren't put onto another employee. Keep in mind the schedules of employees in high school and cut their shift before cutting someone who is 18+. Communicate to the employees before the beginning of the shift so they're up to date on what menu items are/aren't available at that time.

There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!