There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

Overall Boeing is a great place to work - with great products and leaders and a strong vision for the future.

Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Arlington, VA (US)
Current Employee - Procurement Analyst in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Great place to work - great products and customers - good suppliers and over all benefits package - opportunities to advance are there if the effort put forth - it may take a little longer in aerospace industry

Cons

some managers theory x - poor job of promoting good leaders - diversity challenge forcing the promoting of non qualified managers - challenge with information system connectivity.

stick to the Boeing values and leadership attributes - it is the right approach and the right way to lead into the future - i think it would be worthwhile to focus on who is put into leadership positions - I have worked for some really great or soon to be great leaders - but at the same time i have worked with or for some really poor leaders who really have no business being in charge of people - also I would suggest a continued focus on information system connectivity ... it is important that the information system connect to allow less man power ... Finally, I see labor issues negatively affecting the companies performance and ability to compete effectively in the future - labor unions once served a good purpose but they - in my view - have gone way beyond and have gone over the top with their demands on the compnay

2142 Other Employee Reviews for Boeing (View Most Recent)

BCA - Getting worse, still better than other companies,

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Renton, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Renton, WA (US)

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Well organized know-how, readily available, great people to work with.

Cons

Too much political-correctness, becoming an integrator.

Go back to basics, designing airplanes. Stop outsourcing and giving away knowledge to China, Russia, etc.

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Very interesting work for those who are technology minded. If one works on smaller projects, rather than the large and long-time duration programs, the changes are similar to changing companies without having to change companies.

Cons

As with any large company, changes to the new market place can be slower than desired. I feel that it is no worse than any large defense company

Although the future changes in technology are difficult to predict, the one problem that predictions seem to generate is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

There are newer employer reviews for Boeing