There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

I have very little bad to say about Booz Allen. I have very high quality colleagues and challenging work.

Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quality people
Challenging and meaningful work
High-integrity culture
Focus on people development through training and tuition reimbursement
Work-life balance
Executive leadership is always adjusting to the landscape and ensuring the health of the business. I believe that we have real adults in leadership in the Firm.
The bi-annual people survey is actually used to make changes that improve the work conditions for employees.

Cons

I personally do not like the fact that as one becomes more senior they are required to market. It is just not my preference.

More flexibility to take a technical or project management track only without an emphasis on business development.

2195 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

experience will depend based on level within firm

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great benefits (in an effor to make up for lower compensation?)
    flexible schedule depending on project
    great work-life balance (for associates and below)
    great place to start a consulting career

Cons

lack of visibility into mid-level management's decisions & reasoning
    easy to feel isolated or lost in the crowd if not actively networking
    shift from private to publicly traded company has led to several cost-cutting initiatives (reduced # of paid time-off)

provide more incentive to lower the churn rate - all the best and brightest appear to be exiting the firm. find out what is causing the departures from the firm, unless the strategy is to rely on low-cost junior staff without developing and retaining its own talent.

Sinking faster than the Titanic

Current Employee - Associate in Norfolk, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PTO, Benefits, ability to tele-work.

Cons

ECAP/401K just got slashed to 7.5% next year, and 6% after that. I would expect that trend to continue. We also just lost our floating holidays and the claim was it gave us "more flexibility". Raises greatly reduced over the past few years.

We just lost several managers, and the process lacked any formal communication from leadership until days later. In many cases, clients and direct reports were unaware of the change outside of the rumor mill.

Most of the good people at the firm have left now, and the few that remaining are all looking after the past week. What will remain, as is much of the new employees is suits with nothing inside. (Can we say lipstick on pigs?!)

Get your heads out of your butts. It's clear to all the employees that the changes are all negative and just a money grab at our benefits and pay. To the CEO-- you personally need to go away. You are responsible for the demise of a once great company. You are incompetent at best and all your choices have led to this -- the IPO, the split of the company, the Carlyle group buyout. Admit responsibility and quit now so the sliver of competent people can fix your mistakes.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton