There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

I have very little bad to say about Booz Allen. I have very high quality colleagues and challenging work.

Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Quality people
Challenging and meaningful work
High-integrity culture
Focus on people development through training and tuition reimbursement
Work-life balance
Executive leadership is always adjusting to the landscape and ensuring the health of the business. I believe that we have real adults in leadership in the Firm.
The bi-annual people survey is actually used to make changes that improve the work conditions for employees.

Cons

I personally do not like the fact that as one becomes more senior they are required to market. It is just not my preference.

More flexibility to take a technical or project management track only without an emphasis on business development.

2155 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great place for an ambitious go-getter

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA (US)

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great place for self-motivated and ambitious people. Lots of different fields of expertise and a variety of opportunities. Great benefits and excellent utilization of technology to make your job easier. I loved their hoteling office system, remote access computing, and internal facebook.

Cons

Relatively high turnover. It can take a long time to get a promotion, and moving to a new assignment can sometimes take even longer.

I learned a lot as an intern. I was mentored, and people seemed to care about me.

Current Employee - Intern  in  Herndon, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Intern in Herndon, VA (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton as an intern for less than a year

Pros

My managers were always there to answer any of my professional questions and would often stop by my work space just to chat about everyday happenings. They sponsored my security clearance and paid for my week long professional certification training. Booz Allen has awesome food too.

Cons

You get a clunky corporate laptop to lug around. But it did the job.

Keep talking to the little guys just starting out in the company. It means a lot and it will help the company culture in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!