There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

I have very little bad to say about Booz Allen. I have very high quality colleagues and challenging work.

Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
Current Employee - Senior Defense Research Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Quality people
Challenging and meaningful work
High-integrity culture
Focus on people development through training and tuition reimbursement
Work-life balance
Executive leadership is always adjusting to the landscape and ensuring the health of the business. I believe that we have real adults in leadership in the Firm.
The bi-annual people survey is actually used to make changes that improve the work conditions for employees.

Cons

I personally do not like the fact that as one becomes more senior they are required to market. It is just not my preference.

More flexibility to take a technical or project management track only without an emphasis on business development.

2184 Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity to prove your value

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very much a sink or swim mentality. You need to be able to perform when needed,and are constantly challanged to develop your skills and capabilities. Good opportunity to work on different projects.

Cons

You need to be available well over the 40 hours you are paid for. The overall firm is great, but your happiness will vary greatly depending on the team and leadership you fall under. No bonuses unless you are a senior accociate or above, which is terrible.

Amazing company to work for

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Fayetteville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Fayetteville, NC (US)

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best on boarding ever - creates immediate personal investment in company. Felt like a valuable asset and appreciated management involvement in the employees' well-being. Great benefits and educational opportunities. Even the upper management took the time to make new team members feel welcome and as if their contributions mattered. People actually listened and took suggestions into consideration - or at least were polite enough to pretend, which goes a long way! Smart, creative and personally invested coworkers make for a wonderful work atmosphere. Client facing contract work is interesting and rewarding, with the opportunity to make real and noticeable contributions to customer productivity.

Cons

Only con was the teaming with other companies - created a bit of pay inequity for people doing the same jobs side by side, and fragmenting within teams. Not Booz Allen's fault, just a byproduct of teaming contracts.

The 360 evaluation process is horrendously complicated and time consuming. A simple "how to" guide would've made it less intimidating the first go through. I do appreciate that it's online, though.

There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton