Boston Public Schools
www.boston.k12.ma.us Boston, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

It is a great learning experience!

Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boston Public Schools

ProsI love working here because I get valuable teaching experience while continuing to learn more about effective practices and interventions for struggling students.

ConsSometimes I am asked to complete the "unwanted" tasks of the teachers such as making copies and completing bulletin boards. Although a huge part of teaching, I would prefer to do this before or after the school day, and not during.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love how we are supported by the special ed. coordinator.

Never a dull moment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Boston Public Schools

Pros: The best reason is paid vacation. No other job will give you… Cons: There is really no growth in this industry or expanding your… More

Boston is a good district to work in.

Math Teacher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boston Public Schools

Pros: The district is small enough that there is room to experiment with new educational theories. It depends… Cons: The current superintendent is not working well with unions and teachers and we are seeing the… Advice to Senior Management: Please try to include teachers in the important decisions. We are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boston Public Schools.

Worked for Boston Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Public Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boston Public Schools CEO Carol R Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by Boston Public Schools employees.