Boys & Girls Clubs
www.bgca.org Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Experience. Making a Big Impact

Sunmer Program Aid (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Boys & Girls Clubs full-time for less than a year

ProsI loved working at the BGC. You have no idea how much you mean to the kids until you go work here. Your experience with management really depends on your director. My unit director was really great because he provided a foundation on how to interact with the kids and he also knew when to step back and let me counsel my way. You have a lot of freedom to make your programming your own. AND THE KIDS LOVE YOU.
The Boys & Girls Club is better than most youth programs because the counselors are engaged and get to know each child on a personal level. It's not just throw a bunch of kids in the gym and let them loose. Nope! You are playing with them!

ConsHard to get ALL of the counselors motivated and to maintain good energy. The kids sense it and then the day doesn't go as well

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff motivated! It is so important. Have socials or maybe switch up the roles so staff stays energized.

Great Summer Job

Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee)
North Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at Boys & Girls Clubs part-time for less than a year

Pros: Light work, great time working with kids, good pay, good… Cons: worked here over the summer and loved it but there… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Schedule problems

Tutor (Current Employee)
San Pedro, CA (US)

I have been working at Boys & Girls Clubs part-time for more than a year

Pros: Treats staff great and good purpose. Cons: NPO, so pay is much lower that what s worth. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Boys & Girls Clubs.

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boys & Girls Clubs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boys & Girls Clubs CEO Jim Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by Boys & Girls Clubs employees.