Bridgepoint Education
www.bridgepointeducation.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Sadly, Layoffs in Denver, Again.

Recruiter (Former Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Pay. Great Benefits. Fast Paced Environment. Updated building. Meet New People.
Some of the management staff are friendly.
You get to keep your job if you do well selling online education subscriptions.

ConsSadly, there are layoffs happening in Denver again. If you aren't making enrollments fast enough, you will be laid off. Very cut-throat environment.
The focus is on Education yet you will be expected to make enrollments- at any cost.
This is a value testing environment. If you have any, you won't make it for long.
Human Resources hands are tied. If you don't meet what they won't call a quota, you will be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo Not Discriminate In The Hiring Process. Lay off the managers that risk you being exposed for discrimination in the hiring process.
Admit you have a quota. 'Performance Based' works but don't tell people when you 'lay them off' that they don't fit the values when they aren't making sales.

Joke of a University

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent starting salary and benefits package Enjoyed my coworkers Cons: Everything else The pay and benefits have to be good because nearly everyone hates working there. Management was hilariously inept. I had 3 managers in 8… Advice to Senior Management: Get out before the DoE shuts down the school and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Enrollment Adviser Review

Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Bridgepoint Education full-time for more than a year

Pros: The job paid well, offered great training, and benefits Cons: Highly stressful environment. If you didn't enroll enough students you would be fired or receive pay cuts. They hired about 200 people ever couple of… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees. Don't churn and burn No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Bridgepoint Education.

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bridgepoint Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bridgepoint Education CEO Andrew S. Clark. All reviews posted anonymously by Bridgepoint Education employees.