Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Innovative Senior Care, a division of Brookdale Senior Living

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cleveland, OH (US)
Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

New electronic medical records is efficient and easy to use. Great coworkers.

Cons

There are many diverse sites of operations. The one "Brookdale model" of service delivery doesn't work well across all facilities. Encouraged to over-utilize therapy with residents just to improve the bottom line. Wide difference in work area and equipment from one facility to the next.

Make Mid level management more accessible to professional staff.

480 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Regional Management; shame on you!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

health benefits are OK but there is very little to recommend about this company. The nursing side appears to have more cohesion, however every nurse I have spoken to complains they are overworked, so I don't know. Operations, Sales, Dining, Care staff, maintenance... experiences are simply horrible across the board.

Cons

complete lack of training, no corporate support, broken promises to employees of all levels, little to no regional support, quality of patient care seriously lacking, turnover is simply HORRIBLE

Ive been reading the previous comments, and sadly must agree. However, let me add one more thing as an ED; those who want to make positive change are hogtied. We want to hold accountable the employees that are constantly calling in or doing poor work... but the moment we do, an "anonymous" call is made to the integrity line. Regardless of how justified a write up is, we are consistently hand-slapped by our RDO's or HR. Training is RIDICULOUSLY lacking from ED's on down, yet ED's are held responsible for corporate values when no training is provided on such. This company may be large but that is not indicative of their comparative success; look at the sheer volume of negative experiences compared to any other corporate website. Numbers dont lie. After 2 years I have had enough; utter lack of support, poor pay for my care associates and dangerous conditions for my residents... I'm tired and I'm out. If you are contempating taking on a position with Brookdale... RUN dont walk in the other direction. Do whatever you can to dodge this bullet.

Training

Current Employee - Health Ans
    Current Employee - Health Ans

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

Brookdale RDO Clinical keeps abreast of the need for additional training and will send seasoned staff in to teach, train and guide along the path to success.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that the jobs ( all of them) are demanding, because they are fueled by human emotions, " our Elderly". If you have hired someone that does not have the passion then you will find out quickly in their work ethics.

In yoiur hiring process identify the passion for the elderly and you will fill your communities with the kind of people who will live and breathe the cornerstones and your mission statements.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living