Brookdale Senior Living

Retired Management Position

Management (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are loads of Pros if you manage to be a member of the good ol boys. Benifits are ok.

ConsUpper management cannot be trusted, especially the good ol boys in Milwaukee and Wisconsin areas. I retired mainly due to the back stabbing that was part of the every day way of life, The Regional staff is a joke, they spend more time in gossip and hearsay then bringing communities up to standards. Human Resources is of no help, compaining to them is a sure way to get fired, Maintenance of buildings is left to amatuers,who consider duct tape and caulk major repair tools, this is not entirely the MT's fault as they are being led by Regionals that are only concerned with cost.. Dining Services is consumed with cost per meal, needless to say the product served is below standard, bottom line Brookdale cares more for the almighty dollar then the health and welfare of residents and staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead weight in Milwaukee and Wiconsin areas, you are to top heavy and it is hurting your company in the long run, have seen way to many great employees leave. Time to reverse this trend.

Beware... Dishonest organization Run! Run! Run!

Director, Dining Services (Former Employee)
The Villages, FL (US)

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros: Associates work extremely hard , dispite low compensation. Residents, as a whole, are great. You… Cons: They will sell you a rose garden to get you in, and then plant you in a wasteland. Non-professional enviornment, poor business ethics/integrity. No follow-through… Advice to Senior Management: 1) Do not sell residents something that you are not willing to follow-through with. If Freedom Pointe is your "showcase" community, fund it properly. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

RUN....don't walk away from this company!!!!! They are toxic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros: The residents are awesome and they have some very hard… Cons: Run from Brookdale! If you are unlucky enough to work there, fight to TAKE your PTO because when you leave, you don't get paid… Advice to Senior Management: Spend time in the communities and get to know your employees. Your regionals are unrealistic… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Brookdale Senior Living.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brookdale Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Brookdale Senior Living CEO T. Andrew Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Brookdale Senior Living employees.