Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com
  www.brookdaleliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Great employees to work with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The staff takes good care of the residents and being able to interact with the residents is a huge bonus! Negative behavior by employees is not tolerated which makes teamwork more prevalent--only people who work as a team stay employed.

Cons

The pay is comparatively low, working on holidays as an hourly employee, benefits aren't as good as most other companies, every employee is extremely busy and stretched thin.

My personal experience has been very good with Management. My only advice would be to reward employees with moral-boosters (pay increases, appreciation, nice employee facilities). I believe these things would help reduce turnover and truly keep good employees.

480 Other Employee Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Good Company Gone Bad

Former Employee - Regional
    Former Employee - Regional

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work when it was the original Brookdale.

Cons

Now too big, too beauractatic and too clicky...Kiss but to get anyway or they fir you!

Get it together...Replace upper management with people who know the business and can relate to their employees and their residents. You guys grew TOO big, TOO fast and kept the WRONG PEOPLE in positions of POWER! f I'm sorry to say I would NOT recommend the NEW Brookdale.

Short sighted company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

Professional wages are good; staff are patient oriented and caring toward residents.
    Benefit menu good; costs excessive..

Cons

Caregivers poorly educated/supported and underpaid. Corporate culture is command and control...top down directives; very demotivating environment.

Offering SNF level care requires properly trained caregivers! Retaining staff should be a higher priority for company success. Corp. culture is outdated and will dwarf company success in new healthcare environment and workforce pool. Employees don't feel valued, trusted, or trustful of management. Programs are great on paper, but not supported with enough properly trained staff to implement them.

There are newer employer reviews for Brookdale Senior Living