CEB

www.executiveboard.com

Not a bad place to put in a year before moving to greener pastures...

Senior Director (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

Proswhen smaller, junior positions carried a lot of responsibility early in the career and gave great experience. Upward trajectory was strong when the company was growing at 20%+ per year. Rare opportunity to work with senior executives at prestigious client firms early in one's career.

Conswork-life balance is very poor, most positions at junior and mid- levels are underpaid, and the exec level tends to micromanage (lots of mandates to "drop everything and do this right now!"). Company tendency to overinvest in sales/marketing and underinvest in product/service has increased in recent years. Corporate values have definitely eroded since the IPO/pre-IPO years...

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountability for MD/ED/GM executive staff has been poor. Work-life balance needs to be improved. Employee churn at junior levels needs to be reduced or else risk poisoning your future market of middle managers and executives.

very good

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: positive atmosphere, opportunity to work with CXOs Cons: things can be repetitive sometimes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Associate Director

Associate Director (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I worked at CEB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: People where great. Very driven co-workers. Culture was pretty… Cons: Pure meat grinder in the sales organization. If you have enough sales… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CEB.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!