There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup

from beginning to when i left, Campbell Soup was a GREAT place to work. Can't speak for anything beyond 1995

Former Employee - Systems Programmer/LAN Administrative  in  Camden, NJ (US)
Former Employee - Systems Programmer/LAN Administrative in Camden, NJ (US)

I worked at Campbell Soup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

back in the day, excellent training, tons of opportunity to try/learn new things. Manager recognized and rewarded diligence, skill, effort, and results. The company produces excellent products

Cons

the outsource MIS in early 90's

150 Other Employee Reviews for Campbell Soup (View Most Recent)

Progressive in terms of sustainability and newly remolded work place, however, culture is very confrontational.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camden, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ (US)

I worked at Campbell Soup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity for strong leaders and willing to test and learn almost anything.

Cons

High turnover causes lack of quality management and HR Dept is weak. Extremely fast paced culture and high workload expectations.

Ensure ongoing candid conversations with management to understand beyond the politics.

Times and tides are changin'

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Camden, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ (US)

I have been working at Campbell Soup full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

New CEO in Denise Morrison, emerging as a better leader now out of the shadow of Doug Conant, compared to working under him. She sees the need for change, and is starting the transition. She has established a leadership team with the will to transform the business, compared with the previous regime of old school network retirement fund builders. This will be an exciting couple of years, where new things will be tried, opportunities for differentiation and disruptive pathways will be more readily accepted, and the building of a healthier future and culture begins.

Cons

Having to deal with the aftermath of 10 years where the company stood still, and product portfolio stood still. Now we see the first sign of life after a long dormant period, where image was more important than profitability or growth. Difficulty will be halting the 10 year slide and turning the corner - May have to look for solutions from outside the world of soup to reverse the irrelevance of the products to today's consumer base.

Diversify, acquire new businesses, take more risk, focus on something other than condensed soup! Change with the times - We were not always Campbell Soup Company, so we can change again, possibly to just Campbell's and spread our wings.

There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup

Worked for Campbell Soup? Contribute to the Community!