There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup

SCARED TO GO TO WORK IN CHERRY HILL!

Current Employee - Customer Service Analyst  in  Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Analyst in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I have been working at Campbell Soup full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My fellow workers and the benefits.

Cons

It’s to the point where I am afraid to come to work. I think it’s just a matter of time before somebody goes postal. The management – especially in Cherry Hill – is so unbelievably unfair and unreasonable that you just can’t win. A blind man can see what’s going on yet nothing changes. Good people have left the organization, voiced their reasons during their exit interviews and nobody does anything to make things better for those of us who are stuck here. Great employees are getting bad reviews – and the reasons are ridiculous. Some people aren’t even given reasons why they get bad reviews. “You said something that somebody didn’t like but I can’t tell you what it was.” One comment negates an entire year of blood, sweat and tears – not to mention completely wipes away any self-esteem we have left. I used to love my job but now I hate coming to work every day. No matter what I do, it’s never enough. We are all felt to feel completely worthless. I wish I could get another job but, without a degree, I know I can’t. So they just keep beating us down and making us feel horrible. My customers like me, my sales people like me, my colleagues like me – but I keep getting bad reviews. And for stupid reasons. I come in early, stay late and work through lunch but it doesn't matter. It never used to be like this.

150 Other Employee Reviews for Campbell Soup (View Most Recent)

from beginning to when i left, Campbell Soup was a GREAT place to work. Can't speak for anything beyond 1995

Former Employee - Systems Programmer/LAN Administrative  in  Camden, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Programmer/LAN Administrative in Camden, NJ (US)

I worked at Campbell Soup full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

back in the day, excellent training, tons of opportunity to try/learn new things. Manager recognized and rewarded diligence, skill, effort, and results. The company produces excellent products

Cons

the outsource MIS in early 90's

More concerned with being politically correct than getting results

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Camden, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Camden, NJ (US)

I have been working at Campbell Soup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The soup sells itself but despite that Progresso and Private Label have taken over as the leaders of the soup world and Campbell Soup is merely a commodity now

Cons

Campbell Soup is a PR nightmare. The Human Resources department is more concerned with looking politically correct than getting any results. This has lead to incompetent persons heading up most departments including the CEO who was given the role because she is a woman. She had screwed up major company installation attempts with SAP software and yet because she talked the talk and had the look was promoted. The HR department is very involved in reviewing executives when they have no idea what the skill set is that is needed in the role. They are more concerned with having people who look the right way (but God forbid if you are overweight in this company or a bit alternative, you will go NOWHERE fast. If you are someone thinking of leaving your high flying early career to come to Campbell Soup my advice is a strong DON'T. Campbell Soup can never develop talent from within and the furthest you will go is a boring middle management job where you will constantly watch your back. Layoffs happen every six months and usually start with those are can not fit the cookie cutter boring approach. The stock is doomed as weill be your career.

Fire everyone in Human Resources right now. Bring in Business Persons to run the company. Develop people from within. Get my stock options out from being underwater the past ten years you pathetic slugs.

There are newer employer reviews for Campbell Soup

Worked for Campbell Soup? Contribute to the Community!