Canada Safeway
www.safeway.ca Calgary, Canada 5000+ Employees

O. K. place to work

Front End Cashier (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Safeway part-time for less than a year

Prosclose to home and I like the varied hours. Starting pay is good and co-workers helpful and friendly, customers are pleasant and most understood it was my first shift after having to tell them as I wasn't given a training badge.

ConsTraining I found to be lacking, some people do well with computer training especially the younger generation but I believe more hands on training is needed to have successful older workers, one shift then nothing for over a week and you have to try to remember everything all over again when you get to work again can be intimidating.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore on the floor training with a supervisor would go a long way to keeping people and a few shifts after training would be a huge benefit to new employees as they would retain a lot more of their training.

Fine.

Produce Clerk (Former Employee)
Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at Canada Safeway part-time for less than a year

Pros: I worked as a produce clerk. It was not incredibly hard work, but there… Cons: There are almost no ways to get significant raises. Some of my… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I enjoy it for the most part.

Category Development Analyst (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Canada Safeway full-time for less than a year

Pros: They encourage you to move up within the company and are very flexible in… Cons: Longer hours, older computer systems, older real estate. I think the longer than… Advice to Senior Management: I think by making longer hours a requirement, people are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Canada Safeway.

Worked for Canada Safeway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canada Safeway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Canada Safeway CEO Chuck Mulvenna. All reviews posted anonymously by Canada Safeway employees.