Cardinal Health

www.cardinalhealth.com
  www.cardinalhealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health

Not for minorities working Cardinal Health's Presource division

Former Employee - Sales Operation Representative in Waukegan, IL (US)
Former Employee - Sales Operation Representative in Waukegan, IL (US)

I worked at Cardinal Health full-time

Pros

Big company that provides a sense of job security

Cons

*Everyone is pretty much set in their ways so change is very, very, very difficult - if not impossible.
*There's a culture of protecting yourself against your own colleagues, and sadly I am glad I did because someone tried to get me fired my fidgeting with my reports and her manager just asked me to let it go as if it didn't happened!
*If you're a minority and you get the wrong manager - beware, you may be on your way out the door. I got promoted (from production planning to Sales Support), which was the worst move I've ever taken due to the manager - the reason I quit within a few months of the promotion. I was not the first, nor the last employee under this manager who's a minority that quit - two others followed after me.
*There is no sense of camaraderie or any level of synergy in Presource. Everyone is in their own clicks and each division run like silos, independent of each other.

*Change of culture that one can be proud of working for is much needed, especially for such a large organization
*Value talent. Nurture and develop talent, and not make cost cutting the only priority. I have seen people get promoted based on face value, and not on merits. That is why I am not surprised that they have lost talented individuals and those who are still there, they are not productive and do not care about their jobs because they are not paid what they are actually worth in the marketplace and the culture of not being valued tremendously lowers their motivation

517 Other Employee Reviews for Cardinal Health (View Most Recent)

State of the Art Facility and Very Employee Oriented.

Former Employee - Human Resources Project Auditor in Dublin, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Project Auditor in Dublin, OH (US)

I worked at Cardinal Health as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunities for Advancement is Excellent!

Cons

I do not have any comments that are relative.

Impressed with Employees involvement...continue to uphold your philosophy that employees are your best asset.

the place so far

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Peabody, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Peabody, MA (US)

I have been working at Cardinal Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits is good. There will always be an opening because people keep on quitting or getting fired.

Cons

Management hides in their offices and wonders why things goes wrong. Speaking and telling them what the issue is also makes you a target(unless they favor you then you can get away with anything). Pay raises are horrible, it goes by how long you've worked there and if they like you or not. The longer you work there the less you get so by the time a new employee is hire, they're probably making the same amount as you. Hr doesn't seem to be for the employees they just do what management tells them. Don't look for a career if you only have a high school diploma because the farthest you'll probably get is picking and packing because the management team told me in order to become a team leader one would need more schooling or a degree. They also work you like cattles and still expect more. This is more of a "if you need the money then work here for awhile" type of job.
    You can't get to enthusiastic about the job because they'll eventually break your spirit.

Trust is a big issue within the company. Better pay raises. Make sure than when an employee tells the truth that they don't get any reprisal from the management team. Management doesn't seem to have respect for their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Cardinal Health