Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

www.cgshb.org
  www.cgshb.org
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO GROW IN

Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY (US)
Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY (US)

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros

This job has given me nothing to list as a Pro, besides being able to help children. :-/

Cons

I spend all of my waking hours either thinking about work, or doing work. My life has now been tormented with thoughts of what my clients are doing, when I have to call to check up, and how I am going to learn and get all of this work done.

Senior management has a no-care attitude towards their employees, and they show you this attitude from the start. If this job had a training period, then maybe I would respect and appreciate my work there more. On top of that, they threw me into the job with 20 cases and no working knowledge of what I'm supposed to do and/or say in court.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (View Most Recent)

If you want to make a decent living, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS AGENCY.

Current Employee - N/A in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - N/A in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Agency gives you all major and Catholic holy and holidays. You get vacation, personal and sick days.

Cons

You get NO cost of living increases, no salary increases, no bonuses......When it come to salary, the.money you made in 2005 you are still making the same amount in 2014. This agency cares nothing about its employees, most employees cannot pay their bills because of the low wages. The moral is very low.

Stop thinking about yourself and help the employees get a decent cost of living increase

Not A Bad Company

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros

Fairly good Co Workers; Good benefits and lots of holidays throughout the year'

Cons

No salary increase or bonus for 3 years; some discriminatory practices.

Investigate both sides of the story; don't allow preference of race to cloud decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau