Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau
www.cgshb.org New York, NY

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO GROW IN

Case Worker I (Current Employee)
Bronx, NY (US)

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

ProsThis job has given me nothing to list as a Pro, besides being able to help children. :-/

ConsI spend all of my waking hours either thinking about work, or doing work. My life has now been tormented with thoughts of what my clients are doing, when I have to call to check up, and how I am going to learn and get all of this work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management has a no-care attitude towards their employees, and they show you this attitude from the start. If this job had a training period, then maybe I would respect and appreciate my work there more. On top of that, they threw me into the job with 20 cases and no working knowledge of what I'm supposed to do and/or say in court.

Family Environment

Social Worker (Current Employee)
Bronx, NY (US)

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: There is a great room for growth in this company with much to learn.… Cons: Case loads are high, stress level is high. You must have a… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time listening to front line staff because the work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Thank goodness this agency does not represent what social work is about-A HORRIBLE PLACE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros: It provided a salary to pay my rent. Cons: The morale in our office was awful. On many occasions, you would hear supervisors… Advice to Senior Management: All of us are on the same team and are committed to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau.

Worked for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau CEO Craig Longley. All reviews posted anonymously by Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau employees.