Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com

By far the best employer that I've ever worked for.

IT Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsSchwab is very particular about the worker that they hire. They will not only test your skills, but your personality and fit for culture as well. Benefits are generous, although there is very little if any tuition reimbursement. VERY good work and life balance. Ample opportunity for advancement. Senior leaders are very smart, tuned in, and actually care. All of them answer e-mail. Will your CEO answer an e-mail with a well thought-out answer that you send him? Walt will.

ConsPay can be slightly below market in some areas. Company re-organizes frequently which can be confusing. You must be able to prioritize and juggle many projects at once. Lots of drive-by and last minute "this must be done now" requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is great because it's full of smart, talented people. Schwab is a huge target of head hunters looking to steal your greatest assets. Keep this in mind when computing bonus payout percentages.

Not what I expected and dissapointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Charles Schwab

Pros: The employees of the company, outside of HR were great.… Cons: I worked in one area of HR during my time there. The HR department didn't hold the same standards and values as other areas of… More

Decent place to start a financial career.

Stock Broker (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good training in the beginning and a good introduction to… Cons: Poor starting salary. Very little chance of advancement unless you want another… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!