Cisco Systems India

www.cisco.com

Stable job, Great Work Culture, Good employee benefits

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThe work culture driven by mid- and lower management is extremely good & healthy. They are very supportive of employees' career growth, work-life balance and project timelines. There are silos which work in an extremely aggressive start-up mode (with their own benefits), but this is more an exception than the norm. The flexibility given to employees in terms of telecommuting and work-from-home are very encouraging - cab services, VPN on laptops, home broadband reimbursement etc.

The Cisco India campus has blossomed over time into a nice cocoon of sorts. It has multiple food cafeterias, a big health centre, a state-of-the-art medical centre and several games / sports facilities (basketball, badminton, cricket, table-tennis, carrom, Foosball, gaming arcades, massage chairs)!! The company has a great healthcare plan for employees and their families, including free annual health checkups.

ConsEven though the management harps about Innovation from India, some groups / teams are working on maintenance-only projects.

If you're a programmer who loves to work on bleeding-edge technologies and likes (re-)designing entire new products, this may seem a boring place. Lots of Cisco's products work on legacy technologies and it is impossible to re-write them when they earn billions of dollars for the company.

Review

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Cisco Systems India full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible hours, transparency on company strategy Cons: Cisco India particularly ACES team is not good to work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Wonderful place to work

IT Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Cisco Systems India full-time for less than a year

Pros: Provides employees with a very good work life balance Cons: Still trying to figure out the cons. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems India.

Worked for Cisco Systems India? Contribute to the Community!