Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

Cisco has out sourced it's culture and now we're out sourcing our common sense and good judgement

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLarge company, still recognized as good branding on your resume. Work life balance is ok.
Pay is ok, but not competitive with other industry leaders. There are good people still left in the company to mentor you, but they are quickly leaving.

ConsCisco is in a constant Limited Restructure (Lay off) mode. When a group fails at a project the leadership moves to another group and the engineers are laid off. Way to many VPs Directors and managers. There are managers with only one or two people under them. Same with Directors and VPs. Cisco has lost its focus and the Senior Leadership team is driving the ship into the icebergs. Pay raises and promotions are only available to the managers and above. Cisco considers it an insult to give a 2% pay raise to cover cost of living, so they may give you 5% every 5 or 6 years. Recent Cisco motto is Be thankful you have a job!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe market says it well, Cisco is dead in the waters. We are the laughing stock of San Jose as well as Wall Street. Fire the board members and change the whole Senior Leadership. ANd maybe the stock will go up and we can regain our self respect finally. Stop out sourcing jobs to boost your stock options and pay.

Company needs to intensify focus on quality, innovation, execution

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: There are many great individuals at Cisco with great ideas and a desire to excel in every way. They are not in any single… Cons: Cisco has a very muddled mgmt structure and lacks clear focus or execution to deliver new technologies. Constantly slipping schedules, Product teams are… Advice to Senior Management: Churn and burn mentality has to stop. Develop people, Management needs to spend… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not what it used to be

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems

Pros: There are still some great people at Cisco, although because of process and politics the people don't have the ability to influence… Cons: There are hundreds of directors at Cisco with no reports. The company is so executive and management heavy that its mind boggling. They… Advice to Senior Management: Stop spending 100+ million dollars to acquire companies and acquire talent instead. The people acquired during… More
There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!