Cisco Systems

www.cisco.com

Wonderful company to start you career straight out of college.

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

ProsCisco has a bunch of perks; Flexibility, Growth, Exposure, Work/Life Balance, Great Atmosphere, Work Family. Overall Cisco cares about their employees and what makes them happy.

ConsCisco only has a couple of negatives in my opinion. Performance reviews are slightly unfair but don't really harm you(meaning you are more likely to get average but that means good). Visiting HQ depends upon the team you work for and some teams never send people some limits visibility face to face (WebEx makes up for that a little but still would like to shake a hand from time to time.)

Advice to Senior ManagementSend your employees once every 2 years to shake hands in primary work locations. Find a better way to stank rank employees based on peers.

Comfortable job but not much room for improvement

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Cisco pays well. There are stock opportunities, bonuses, and I work some with pretty great and smart people. It's very family friendly here and… Cons: Unless you work in one of the big home offices (SJ, RTP, Richardson), it is hard to get career opportunities. Lots of politics and things… Advice to Senior Management: Know who is contributing and recognize and reward them! Get things out to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Cisco is one of the best companies to work for as far as work balance life.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Schedule flexibility. Depends on the nature of your job, however from my experience, I've been able to achieve a successful career… Cons: Tyring to achieve a job change within a different organization… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more into the in-house career movement tool Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cisco Systems.

Worked for Cisco Systems? Contribute to the Community!