Citi

www.citigroup.com

Associate with the Corporate & Investment Bank based primarily in New York City at 388 Greenwich

Investment Banking Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWhen I started in 1998 the pay was very competitive for investment banking associates. The caliber of professionals working around you are top shelf. Substantial resources at your disposal to perform your job. Highest caliber clients. Truly global universal bank provides geographic flexibility. Substantial institutional knowledge. Outstanding training program for those joining at the entry level. Extremely interesting work.

ConsDuring my tenure managers were not good at managing subordinates. Extremely long hours. Working as a banker with Citi as an I banker was a life style decision. Break down of compensation causes employees to assume substantial risk for the year. Its up or out and very competitive. Can be a political mine field to stay at firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency to junior leaders from senior management. Better incentivize management in developing junior leaders. Incorporate the principal perspective in dealing with clients.

Excellent company to work for

Vice President (Current Employee) Warren, NJ (US)

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Work life balance Diversity and global presence with numerous opportunities Cons: Senior leadership changes did not go well Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not too bad. Recommended Employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Citi full-time

Pros: Great employer to work for Cons: Hmm.. Depends on who ur bosses are. Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Citi.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!