Citizens Republic Bancorp

www.citizensonline.com
  www.citizensonline.com
There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Republic Bancorp

Very Employee Friendly.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jefferson, WI (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jefferson, WI (US)

I have been working at Citizens Republic Bancorp

Pros

The Training process is second to none! The Trainers are also great ppl! I really love that they really do listen to their employees thoughts. When you do good things they dont go unnoticed!

Cons

They have cut back on raises. And made it more difficult to reach incentives. It is very hard sometimes to reach goals or complete all of your weekly sales stuff when you are only part-time. They limit their full-time employees and hire mainly part-time staff. Which is very sad considering the great things this company can do.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Citizens Republic Bancorp (View Most Recent)

Citizens, a Challenged Survivor

Current Employee - Vice President in Novi, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President in Novi, MI (US)

I have been working at Citizens Republic Bancorp

Pros

Management has sought to create a vision of a company that it has genuine aspirations to become. It believes in doing the right things from a credit perspective and John Schwab is one of the best credit minds that I've ever worked with. I believe the company will be a survivor of the current credit environment.

Cons

In this environment, communication has been very poor. Staff members disappear without any formal announcement of their departure, informal communication is rampant. We're based in a market that has/will see a deep recession and slow recovery. That side of our work isn't a great deal of fun.

Identify a vision for Citizens that is robust enough to be valid in this environment and will remain so during the eventual recovery. It is difficult to have faith when you're told that a dividend cut is enough to help us weather the storm, then that we must eliminate the dividend to avoid having to raise capital, then to raise capital anyway making "our balance sheet bullet proof", then taking TARP funds to add even more liquidity. While each of these moves may have been necessary and good, it makes it difficult to believe that senior management knows what we need. Create the vision and proactively drive the company toward it, rather than being so reactionary.

Once a great bank that has been destroyed by current leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI (US)

I have been working at Citizens Republic Bancorp

Pros

Flexible work hours and a reasonable salary. It is Michigan and it is a job, but that's about it. Some managers understand how difficult it is to work here and make it tolerable for their employees. Others don't.

Cons

This was once a great bank to work at but the acquistion of Republic has completely destroyed employee faith in management. The Hartman era has been a complete failure. Operations and back room remain a debacle. Simple processing and data entry type errors made at an alarming rate. Absolutely no value proposition which makes selling very difficult. Senior management with a new strategy or focus each week. Very poor communication. Senior management still has country clubs, big bonuses, etc. while restricted stock and any form of a reasonable bonus has been cut from those doing all the work.

Perform due diligence before making acquisitions. Try executing one strategy before heading down a completely different path. Cut out your country clubs, bonuses, restricted stock, etc. and feel the pain with the rest of us.

There are newer employer reviews for Citizens Republic Bancorp