There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel

Air Personality

Current Employee - Radio Personality
Current Employee - Radio Personality

I have been working at Clear Channel part-time

Pros

Love working in the radio business. I have been doing it for a very long time and now I do it for fun and not money. This make it a lot easier to deal with low pay. I love the opportunity to be creative and entertain people. Well, maybe I am entertaining myself but, either way, It is fun.

Cons

pay could be a bit better. I don't expect it to get any better so I just go about my business.

I would love to say pay more to your talent but I don't expect it and understand that radio people are always taken advantage of. No big deal...used to it!! I

424 Other Employee Reviews for Clear Channel (View Most Recent)

If you want to feel like doing a good job is a waste of time, this is the company to work for

I worked at Clear Channel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

perks that come with working in the entertainment industry
    Discount or free event attendance
    flexible hours
    reasonable insurance

Cons

Low end salaries
    Raises non existant
    Sales commissions are always being altered to benefit company, not account executives
    moral
    work/family balance

Pretending to care is not fooling anyone with that stupid survey. Nobody believes for a minute it was confidential. The people running this organization have no clue how the regular person lives, so the decisions that are being made are harmful to employees. A few rotten apples are ruining thousands of careers without batting an eye.

I learned a lot about the industry, but saw no future with the company!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Clear Channel part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being an intern gives you the opportunity to learn about the industry and work in a fun place for college credit.

Cons

The company is literally bleeding itself dry. It keeps cutting back on employees and dispersing the work to whoever is left. If you get hired, you'll start at minimum wage and most likely never get a raise. I'd say the average full time salary pay is around $30k. Don't expect much more than that, unless you are at the top. About 80 percent of radio stations are voice tracked or syndicated. Don't expect to be a radio personality. The rate of job openings is declining and so is the pay. At least 30 people have either left or been let go in the past year, ranging from the lowest level jobs all the way up to the market manager position.

You can function with a smaller staff, but pay your employees a decent salary to do the honest days work they are performing.

There are newer employer reviews for Clear Channel