Clear Channel
www.clearchannel.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

Creative Services Director (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Clear Channel full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe product itself, radio and TV programming/marketing is fun and challenging. There are some talented people in the organization

ConsThe home office is relentlessly fixated on maximizing profits to the detriment of the product. Corporate made the statement several times: "We are in the business of selling advertising. Not entertainment." and this mindset hurts the company and contributes to its shrinkage in use.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some radio product experts and give people reasons for listening to on-the-air radio. And get back to 12 minutes an hour of commercials. 22 minutes an hour is way too much. You are driving people to their Ipods.

Engineering assistant

Clear Channel Media + Entertianment (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Clear Channel as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I like this job due to you will learing new things everday, and… Cons: does not matter what kind weather or time, when they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Corporate Bulldozer

Sales Assistant (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Clear Channel part-time for more than a year

Pros: Some really good people within the company Cons: Corporate business model unaware of individual markets Advice to Senior Management: Care ureabout the BIGGER pict – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Clear Channel.

Worked for Clear Channel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clear Channel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clear Channel CEO Bob Pittman. All reviews posted anonymously by Clear Channel employees.