Cognizant Technology Solutions

www.cognizant.com
  www.cognizant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions

Fun @ Work

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work Environment is very good, friendly management

Cons

less abroad opportunity, no work from home

5901 Other Employee Reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions (View Most Recent)

Nice place to start career

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Pune (India)

Pros

These are the following :
    1. Good learning environment.
    2. Nice working atmosphere.
    3. Maintains cultural and social activities with work.

Cons

1. Pay scale should be increased
    2. Nothing to add more

Please review your team properly.

Terrible experience - if you are not Indian and getting a senior job, think again

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation not bad. Bonuses are good, but unreliable and not directly related to your own contribution. Some really great people among the mass of junior workers and Indian-descent men who have been promoted way beyond their ability.

Cons

I was hired as an AVP to develop a business. Budget cut immediately. Wanted tier-1 thinking and leadership, but with no investment.

Ended up reporting to a young man in India who literally pulled all of my team away from me without telling me (or them). I was told on my exit that 70% of non-Indian descent people are gone within 12-months. Confirmed that my SVP had cut ALL the white people from his organization. Not worth the law suit. I found another senior job (outside the company) within a couple of weeks.

If you think you are going to have a senior role in this company, think again. There are many many examples of people who've been told one thing and then faced another reality. They want tier-1 people to take their ideas, and then cut them.

Finally, I was "released" with 2-days notice. Yes, really... they fired an AVP with 2-days notice.

The CEO message is sound. The senior execs are hurting your execution. Your (illegal) treatment of outsiders is hurting your ability to learn and grow (beyond just hiring 30% more people per year). Your 2015 vision is decent, but your lack of investment will break your ability to execute beyond the marketing story.

There are newer employer reviews for Cognizant Technology Solutions