Colgate-Palmolive
www.colgate.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Highly political.

Associate Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWith the exception of paid time off, good benefits. Lots of training and employee activities. I had an office when I was there but those have been eliminated recently. Some opportunities for overseas assignments especially if you work in Finance.

ConsExtremely political. One person doesn't like you and you can be gone without knowing what happened. Also, some departments - particularly sales - are the typical "old boys network". Very conservative. Even in the worst heat of summertime, men are expected to wear long sleeve shirts and ties. In some ways felt like high school with all the "cliques" - just look at the cafeteria and how departments have lunch together and talk about other people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore emphasis on better managers and people development.

Good Company

Intern (Former Employee)
Cuttack (India)

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good exposure if you have interest in fmcg marketing Cons: you dont know where you will be posted. If it is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stable, well-respected and a company of high integrity

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time

Pros: Diversity is one of our hallmarks. Where I am located there has to be at least 20 nationalities represented. It is definitely a "pro-family" company… Cons: Once you are given a task and you excel at it, you're basically "stuck". You are known as the expert after a few successful launches,… Advice to Senior Management: Identify leaders in your company (even before they are officially promoted) and begin preparing them for management early. The earlier they… More

There are newer reviews on Colgate-Palmolive.

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colgate-Palmolive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colgate-Palmolive CEO Ian M. Cook. All reviews posted anonymously by Colgate-Palmolive employees.