2097 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Take the good with the bad - overall its a decent place to work - can't complain

Current Employee - Account Executive LAS  in  Chattanooga, TN (US)
Current Employee - Account Executive LAS in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

fast paced environment, great boss, opportunities to grow compensation on sales side, great products

Cons

dumpy office, reputation for terrible customer service, not much sense of team, small salaries

practice better communication, encourage more collaboration across departments and markets. Save time by not reinventing the wheel...

Other Reviews for Comcast

Despite some traditional "big company" challenges, Comcast can shine as a place that values it's people.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Comcast can be surprisingly flexible. Engineering is valued and people willing to take initiative and responsibility are generally appreciated/rewarded. There is a strong culture supporting balancing life with work. Sacrifice is also widely recognized. Additionally, there is a strong cultural bias towards hiring/retaining smart, capable people; sometimes to a fault! All the while, there is a desire to maintain good "cultural fits" amongst the engineers.

Cons

Mainly the traditional "big company" type of pitfalls: institutionalized inertia; broad communication issues up and down the verticals, etc. Comcast also has to transcend a certain amount of bias towards it's traditional revenue streams and face changing customer needs and demographics.

Trust your instincts, and the instincts of your staff, when they tell you to be more supportive of a smart, agile, responsive workforce. Your "human capital" will bear out as your greatest asset, when and if you support them.

I love my job!!!

Current Employee - Dispatch II  in  Staunton, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Dispatch II in Staunton, VA (US)

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Definately the benefits! I feel the open door policy is also another reason, sharing ideas and being open is respected and considered with anybody no matter the position and level someone is.

Cons

I would have to agree that the pay is average to low, but other compensations definately make up for most of that.

There is a lot of reorganizing going on right now within the company, I definately know within my region. I believe some areas of the reorganization need some more looking at and maybe others comments, i.e Credo Speak, should be taken into consideration.

There are newer employer reviews for Comcast.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!