Con Edison
www.conedison.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Customer operations supervisor

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Con Edison full-time for more than a year

ProsGood salary if you negotiate well coming into the company along with overtime pay.

ConsMany of the management employees were promoted from the union. Intimidated by outside hires coming into management. Not a corporate structure, they have young inexperienced newly promoted management employees running the call center. They want you you to dummy down your experience to fit in. Not open to fresh new ideas from the outside. Horrible place to work !!! Not the old con Edison !!! No real pension for new management/ cash balance. Mean employees that are unsupportive unless you were union. Your on lock down with mandatory overtime for major outages. Other parts of the company may be good. - stay away from the call center environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the experience and talent of outside management employees. Don't be afraid to let them shine!

Very Long-lived NYC Firm

I have been working at Con Edison

Pros: It's an extremely stable company Cons: You have to deal with the Hierarchy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall, Great.

Summer Intern (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Con Edison part-time for less than a year

Pros: Con Edison is a great company in my eyes. They have both union workers, and… Cons: For the intern program, I feel that the interns could have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Con Edison.

Worked for Con Edison? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Con Edison reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Con Edison CEO Kevin Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by Con Edison employees.