Constellation Energy Group
www.constellation.com Baltimore, MD 5000+ Employees

Good people but corporate policies stink

Analyst II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group full-time

ProsTeam members are great, for the most part. Working at a Nuclear Power Plant provides interesting work. Job stability. Decent benefits. Free safety shoes!

ConsWeird promotion rules. People who obviously have more talent, skills and responsibilities are often passed over for promotions in favor of old-timers who've been around longer. Merit pay increases are a joke (1% raise doesn't even cover cost of living). Although there is an emphasis on safety, schedule pressures can force people's hands. Work Life balance is a joke: 40 hours a week job really means 50-60 with no extra pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop squeezing every inch of work from your people without duly compensating them. Pay people extra when they are in ERO duty.

Engineer III

Engineer III (Former Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I worked at Constellation Energy Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: flex work week, 4 weeks vacation Cons: bonus does not always depend on how well you performed Advice to Senior Management: match salary with MRP Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Nuclear group

Outage Worker (Former Employee)
Oswego, NY (US)

I worked at Constellation Energy Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great work environment and training. Many perks offers during outages. Cons: Not for people who don't enjoy a good walk from parking to the job site.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Constellation Energy Group.

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Constellation Energy Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Constellation Energy Group CEO Mayo A. Shattuck III. All reviews posted anonymously by Constellation Energy Group employees.