Countrywide Financial

www.countrywide.com
  www.countrywide.com
There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial

Working at the Plano office of Countrywide

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Plano, TX (US)
Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

The only reason I would ever want to work at Countrywide again would be the fact that they got bought out by Bank of America. The company name "Bank of America" would be a good stepping stone for people to move into smaller companies with better pay.

Cons

I could go on forever about how terrible this place was. The managers never had any work to do, yet they tried to act like they were really busy. The same went for most of the employees here. We were given lots of "drive around the parking lot" work. I felt like I was becoming dumber every day I went in. The work that we were given was hardly ever challenging. The salary and bonuses were also terrible. I would avoid this place at all costs. Bank of America made a dumb move in acquiring this run down company.

Cut down the number of VPs and SVPs you have in the company. A 3 to 1 employee to manager ratio is just ridiculous.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Countrywide Financial (View Most Recent)

Fast paced but room to advance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

great advancement opportunites and compensation, very collegial workforce, a number of long term employees, pride in the company, growing fast

Cons

very fast paced, never enough staff to do the work needed, seems as if all communications, programs etc were focused on the LCD (i.e. lowest common denominator) employees, short cubicle walls

to many levels of VPS

Inflated Titles and Lack of Consistency Across Groups

Former Employee - AVP, Internal Audit
    Former Employee - AVP, Internal Audit

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

Most people were good people which made the environment nicer. The salary and benefits were in line with similar jobs both in the banking industry and outside.

Cons

Lack of direction by upper internal audit management. Huge disparity between groups within internal audit from everything to quality of deliverables to time off. The department was very top heavy with lots of elevated titles for people who were doing administrative tasks.

Maybe if all internal audit groups were held to the same standard, some of the things that caused the collapse may have been uncovered sooner.

There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial