Covance

www.covance.com
  www.covance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Covance

Good 1st job

Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Princeton, NJ (US)
Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Princeton, NJ (US)

I have been working at Covance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Good for inexperienced employees to gain experience
-Different projects for variety of indications
-Great people

Cons

-Low Pay
-High turnover
-High workload
-Some managers are overbaring

Listen to needs of the employees more to stop this hight utrnover it bad for the company overall

326 Other Employee Reviews for Covance (View Most Recent)

The good, the bad and the ugly

Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Princeton, NJ (US)

I have been working at Covance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good; Nice market reaction to the earnings conference call today. Well earned bounce setting a new 52 week high. Good team at the top of the empire.

Cons

Bad; Top heavy IT. Live and spend like there is no tomorrow. Bloated project budgets to hide inefficiencies, waste and incompetence. Shameful from many perspectives. Slow, destructive processes and combative style that is a bottleneck hindering the greater good. A contractor heaven though. Double the project length and double your profit, at the expense of the bottom line.

Ugly: Don't beat down some of your hardest working. Mention of grant rationalization raises questions. Avoid the temptation for bait and switch on equity grants for those that manage where the rubber meets the road. Doing so will poison the well with current and future hires.

Do not go here

Current Employee - Supervisor in Princeton, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Princeton, NJ (US)

I have been working at Covance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A good percentage of the staff here are goog people but if you are a political science major you will fit in well with the all the others and all the drama and rhetoric

Cons

i just received an email along with nearly 1000 others here that the compensation at my level was being "redesigned". That regardless of the contents of the offer letter i signed not that long ago, i am getting a 15% haircut in my overall compensation. That this will make the company more competitive I chose to come here not that long ago. The description i was given of the company, department and job do not match reality. I can deal with that. What I cannot accept is not being able to trust my employer. Do not come here!

You sow in one season, reap in another.

There are newer employer reviews for Covance